- Saves HVAC/R system energy cost
- Elevates performance of air-cooled coils
- Provides coil protection, and prevents further loss
- Improves efficiency, extending the life of the system
- Water-based, easy one-time application
Cool Worx is a new graphene-based technology with a unique ability to expedite heat transfer. When applied to the condenser coil of an HVACR system, Cool Worx enables the system to transfer heat more quickly. This, in turn, shortens the compressor operating time and reduces energy consumption of the system. Experience remarkable efficiency and cost savings with Cool Worx!
Independent testing has demonstrated energy savings of up to 10% or more, depending on variables such as coil condition, weather load, and equipment health. These rigorous test results emphasize the substantial potential of Cool Worx to deliver a return on investment within 1-3 years, often accomplishing impressive outcomes in as little as 18 months. Notably, in a recent case study, Cool Worx achieved a remarkable 36% improvement in efficiency.
The Cool Worx coating ensures continual corrosion resistance, effectively halting further degradation of the coil. In instances where coil deterioration has occurred, the coating exhibits remarkable coil-restoring capabilities.
• In heat pump and refrigeration applications, its properties may reduce the time required in the defrost cycle.
• Cool Worx is formulated for air-cooled round tube perforated fin (RTPF) and microchannel (MC) coil designs, can be easily applied over non-coated or previously coated air-cooled coils.
• Cool Worx stands out for its one-time application, leveraging graphene’s unique properties. It not only enhances coil performance, improving the pull-down rate, but also offers corrosion protection to alleviate ongoing coil degradation. Improved performance translates to energy savings, reduced CO2 emissions, and potential delays in system replacement expenses.
Cool Worx™ can lower HVAC/R energy costs across all facility types
- Office Buildings
- Data Centers
- Energy and Power
- Food Storage and Processing
- Retail Outlets
- Transport Cooling
- Medical Facilities
Cool Worx is a water-based acrylic coating formulated for air-cooled coils in stationary and transport HVAC/R, thermal management, and industrial process cooling applications. Specifically formulated for outdoor coils, it is equally suitable for indoor coils. Cool Worx elevates system performance through graphene’s superior conductive properties and is easy to apply.
- Thermal Conductivity: Integration of graphene into Cool Worx enhances heat dissipation across the condenser coil.
- Increases Surface Area: Aids in heat dissipation within the thin coating layer of Cool Worx, with one gram of graphene nanoplatelets offering up to 300 square meters of surface area.
- Resists Corrosion: Graphene forms an impermeable barrier, preventing corrosion. The properties of graphene may reduce the time required in defrost cycles for applicable equipment.
|Cool Worx Thermal Coating, 1Qt.
|Cool Worx Prep, 5 fl. oz.
Step 1: Prepare the coil by cleaning it before applying Cool Worx. For coated HVAC/R condenser coils, use Nu-Calgon’s Nu-Brite. For non-coated coils, Cal-Brite Plus is recommended.
Step 2: Cool Worx Prep, is a primer coating for bare metal coil surfaces to enhance Cool Worx adhesion. Mix it with water and apply using a pump-up sprayer.(Skip this step if the coil is already coated)
Step 3: Apply Cool Worx by using any market-available HVLP sprayer. This two-in-one coating enhances the heat transfer rate and provides ongoing corrosion resistance preventing further coil performance degradation during service.
Step 4: Sustain peak coil efficiency with regular cleaning. Nu-Calgon Cal-Green is recommended for effective maintenance of the Cool Worx coated coil.