- Provides burst protection to -100ºF and freeze protection to -60ºF
- Maximum corrosion protection for all metals including aluminum and copper
- Non-toxic and non-corrosive propylene glycol based fluid
- Formulated for optimum heat transfer and maximum fluid life
- Clean new or lightly corroded existing systems with Nu-Calgon System Cleaner (4370-08) prior to the installation of Burst-Kontr’l AP-100. Rinse thoroughly. Do not use Burst Kontr’l AP-100 with galvanized steel.
- Refer to the dilution chart below to determine how much Burst-Kontr’l AP-100 to use as a percent of system volume to achieve target freeze protection or burst protection.
|Packaging Size||Part Number||Additional Info|
|5 gallon pail||4187-15|
This product must be used in accordance to the following directions by HVACR professionals only.
- Clean new or lightly corroded existing systems with Nu-Calgon System Cleaner (4370-08) prior to installation of Freez-Kontr’l. Do not use with galvanized steel.
- Extensively corroded existing systems should be cleaned using an inhibited acid such as Season Start Scale Remover or Liquid Scale Dissolver. Job should be handled by an experienced serviceman. All necessary replacements and repairs should be made.
- The concentration of required glycol-based Freez-Kontr’l will depend on the kind of protection needed. There are two types of protection: burst protection and freeze protection. Burst protection prevents bursting or other mechanical damage, but it is not enough to keep solution pumpable. Freeze protection requires more glycol, and it prevents the formation of ice crystals at the lowest temperature experienced by the fluid. This assure fluid can be pumped at the lowest experienced temperature.
- Typically, ice storage systems, fire sprinkler systems and intermittently run hydronic systems may be fine with burst protection while chilled water and lawn sprinkler systems need freeze protection.
- See the chart and select the lowest expected ambient temperature, then go to a temperature 5ºF colder to assure protection. Decide on type of protection, and identify the solution percentage that must be made up of Freez-Kontr’l.
- Calculate or establish system volume in gallons, and multiply this volume by the percentage identified above. This will tell you the number of gallons of Freez-Kontr’l required.
- For optimum corrosion protection, a minimum concentration of 30% is recommended.
Download the product bulletin and other relevant literature here.
- BURST-KONTR'L AP-100, 5 GAL PAIL Product Bulletin
- BURST-KONTR'L AP-100, 5 GAL PAIL Application Bulletin
Download a low resolution file of the product label here.