Quick Seal Pipe Repair
Quick Seal Pipe Repair is a knitted fiberglass tape that is impregnated with polyurethane resin. It has been developed for quick, in-the-field repair of leaks. It can be used on both cold or hot water as well as refrigerant applications, and it bonds to all types of pipes. It is a fast, durable and cost effective pipe repair system.
Unaffected by harsh chemicals and applicable even under water, Quick Seal is ideal for refrigeration, plumbing, industrial, commercial, mining, marine, municipal and residential applications. It is also classified as safe for potable water by Underwriters Laboratories (UL) in accordance with ANSI/NSF Standard 61.
|Packaging Size||Part Number||Additional Info|
|2˝x4´ wrap||4299-10||For 1/2˝-1˝ diam. pipe|
|4˝x12´ wrap||4299-11||For 1˝-3˝ diam. pipe|
This product must be used in accordance to the following directions by HVACR professionals only.
Read all directions before applying. Hardening process begins once foil pouch is opened. Use entire roll for each repair. Larger diameter pipe may require additional rolls.
- Turn off pressure to leaking pipe. If pipe is rusty, clean.
- Roughen pipe surface using a file for metal pipes and/or sandpaper for PVC pipe (Quick Seal adheres best to rough surfaces).
- Plug the leak with putty. For repairs on refrigerant lines it is important to use the enclosed putty. Activate the putty by kneading it for two minutes then plug the leak. Take care to smooth the putty to be as flush as possible with the pipe. For leaks around joints work the putty into a snake and wrap around the pipe. Again, work the putty into a flush smooth finish. When repairing water lines the, use of the putty is not necessary in most cases.
- Put on Quick Seal’s exclusive gloves that are provided for remaining steps before opening foil pouch.
- Open foil pouch. Dip roll in cool water for 20 seconds, and squeeze 2-3 times to distribute water evenly through roll of tape.
- Begin wrapping by tightly pulling the tape away from you and around pipe. It is important that the first few rotations be wrapped tightly. Work quickly, winding the wrap over itself with no more than 1/2 inch applied to either side of initial tape width. The completed application must be at least 1/2 inch thick or about 15 layers minimum.
- Keeping gloves wet with water, rub foaming resin back into weave of Quick Seal fabric.
- As resin becomes firm, continue rubbing with a twisting and squeezing motion to smooth the tape. Always keep gloves wet. Once resin is completely hard, continue squeezing smoothly for 1-2 minutes for best results. A slight exothermic (heat) occurs.
- Allow a minumum 30 minutes to cure. Turn pressure back on to pipe. If misapplied, Quick Seal can be removed with saw or shears. Use isopropyl alcohol or acetone to remove resin from skin or clothes.
Download the product bulletin and other relevant literature here.
- QUICK SEAL PIPE REPAIR 6X1 CASE 2"X 4' ROLL Product Bulletin
- QUICK SEAL PIPE REPAIR 4''X12' ROLL Product Bulletin
Download a low resolution file of the product label here.